UltimateDefrag6 gives you unlimited power and flexibility for defragmenting and, more importantly, OPTIMIZING your file system, by placing your most frequently used files on the fastest part of your hard drive, the outer tracks, to give you optimum hard drive performance! UltimateDefrag6 gives you features that no other defragmentation software product in the world gives you and virtually every feature you could ever want in your defragmentation software, to enable you to squeeze every millisecond of performance from your hard drive.
What's New in Version 6:
UltimateDefrag is now also a fully featured NTFS file compression tool
- UltimateDefrag6 now gives you more available space on your hard drive and an average of 50% faster file read performance on regular mechanical hard drives. NTFS compressed files read faster because today's processors can decompress files faster on-the-fly than the hard drive can read them. e.g. it is almost twice as fast to access and decompress a 1 Gb compressed file than it is to access its 2 Gb uncompressed version.
- On what are still high cost per Gb Solid State Drives, you get slightly slower read performance on NTFS compressed files, but you can get an average of 50% more space on your SSD. A 1 Tb SSD will be able to store around 1.5 Tb of compressed files.
- UltimateDefrag gives you ultimate flexibility on choosing your files for compression using folders and filenames, usage frequency and wildcard file selection or even just by selecting a file from the cluster viewer or defrag explorer. Optionally compress your files while you defragment them. Our proprietary SmartCompress™ option instantly analyzes a file for compressibility and doesn't waste time trying to compress files that can't be compressed, This saves so much time over native command line compression functions.
- You can also perform compression functions from the Command Line Interface with much more flexibility and functionality than the Windows Compact command.
- Not everyone will use the compression features but for those who want the faster performance and/or more space on your hard drive, you now have the option to do so. [full release notes]
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware