µTorrent is an efficient and feature rich BitTorrent client for Windows sporting a very small footprint. It was designed to use as little CPU, memory and space as possible while offering all the functionality expected from advanced clients. µTorrent was written with efficiency in mind. Unlike many torrent clients, it does not hog valuable system resources - typically using less than 6MB of memory, allowing you to use the computer as if it weren't there at all. Additionally, the program itself is contained within a single executable less than 2.0 MB in size.
Changes in uTorrent 3.4.5 Build 41628:
- Moved code to standard containers to add stability, enable faster development, further reduce footprint
- Cleaned up code across all parts of codebase to improve stability
- Support for new ad-free premium product
- Fixed recognition of files that use HEVC codecs
- Added local memory usage test mode as part of effort to reduce footprint
- Fixed a bug that occasionally misplaced a link in the toolbar
- Fixed bug where selecting a torrent would sometimes not activate the toolbar
Note: µTorrent setup includes 3rd party (optional) software.