Winaero Tweaker is an an all-in-one customization utility that helps you to tweak Windows in just a few simple clicks. The program includes tweaks for every version of operating system from Windows 7 to Windows 11. Winaero Tweaker automatically detects the version of Windows OS you’re running and shows tweaks and customization options accordingly. The software can be installed as a portable app so you can take it with you as you move from one computer to another.
Here's a partial features list:
- Information - View information about your PC hardware and OS.
- Aero Colors - Change all Windows Aero settings including those which can't be changed with Control Panel.
- Aero Lite - Activate the hidden Aero Lite theme.
- Alt+Tab Appearance - Change hidden secret options of the Alt+Tab dialog.
- Colored Title Bars - Enable colors for window title bars in Windows 10.
- Dark Color Scheme - Here you can enable the dark color scheme for Windows 10 system settings and apps.
- Inactive Title Bars Color - Change the color of inactive title bars in Windows 10.
- Disable Aero Shake - Disable or enable the Aero Shake feature.
- Disable Driver Updates - Turn off driver updates in Windows Update.
- Disable Web Search - Disable Web Search in taskbar and Cortana in Windows 10.
- Disable Action Center - Disable or enable the Action Center feature in Windows 10.
- Disable Live Tiles - Disable Live Tiles all at once for Universal(Metro) apps.
- Activate Windows Photo Viewer - Activate Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 10.
- Auto-update Store apps - Disable or enable auto-update of Store apps in Windows 10.
- Disable Cortana - Disable Cortana in Windows 10.
- Disable Windows Defender - Disable Windows Defender in Windows 10.
- Microsoft Edge Download Folder - Change the default download folder in Microsoft Edge.
- Stop Unwanted Apps - Stop unwanted apps Windows installs automatically.
- Windows Defender Tray Icon - Show or hide Windows Defender tray icon.
- App Switcher Hover Timeout - Change the App Switcher hover timeout delay.
- Charms Bar Hover Timeout - Change the Charms Bar hover timeout delay.
- Modern App Closing Options - Speed up closing time of Metro apps for mouse and touch.
- Start Screen Power Button - Show or hide the Power button on the Start screen.
- Disable Telemetry - Prevent Windows 10 from spying on you.
- ... and many more.
Winaero Tweaker 1.30 new features:
- You can add Task Manager to the Desktop context menu (this works in all supported Windows versions).
- You can add Group Policy to the Desktop context menu (in all supported Windows versions).
- You can add "Restart Explorer" to the Desktop context menu in all supported Windows versions.
Added two new tools:
You can create desktop shortcuts to Shut down, Restart, Hibernate and Sleep actions in all Windows versions. Save your time using such shortcuts. For "shut down", you can create both the full shut down shortcut (turns off the OS without the hibernation data, next start is cold start) and hybrid shut down shortcut (next start will be done with Fast Startup).
If you tray icons (notification area/taskbar corner overflow) look broken, you can now reset their cache using Winaero Tweaker.
- Windows 11: Added a number of improvements to the "Classic Taskbar" feature. After enabling it, you can quickly turn on the clock, network, and sound icons. There is a link for that.
- Windows 11: Added a dedicated option to restore the Ribbon in File Explorer.
- Windows 11: You can now move the taskbar to the top, left or right side of the screen. The left and right side taskbar is still half-baked, as Microsoft doesn't officially support the taskbar moving.
- Fixed Windows 10 version 21H2 detection. It was reported as 21H1.
- Fixed the context menu\ remove default entries\ pin to start removal. The "Pin to Start" command was only removed for files. Now it also disappears for folders.
- Fixed the Shell Folder shortcut option. Once you create a shell folder shortcut, the option used to appear in the "Recently changed" list. That's wrong; this doesn't change anything on your computer.
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware