WinContig is an easy-to-use stand-alone defragmentation tool that doesn't create any installation directories or Registry entries on your computer. Its purpose is to quick defrag files without the need to defrag the whole disk. In addition, WinContig allows you to group files into profiles, and also it accepts a number of optional command-line switches that you can use to control how the program operates. Freeware for personal and commercial use.
WinContig is a standalone executable, and it doesn't require any installation process or additional DLLs. In order to start using it, just extract the contents of the ZIP archive to any folder you like, and run it.
WinContig is not a GUI for Sysinternals Contig, nor Contig is embedded within WinContig.
WinContig 3.0 changelog:
- Dropped support for Windows XP. Starting from this version, the minimum supported OS is Windows Vista.
- WinContig has a new Options dialog box.
- Added the ability to load a profile at startup.
- Added the ability to change the media type associated with a physical disk.
- Added the ability to prevent the defragmentation of the files when computer runs on battery power.
- Added the ability to filter out the files by the number of their fragments.
- Added the ability to filter out the files by the size of their fragments.
- [User Requested Feature] Added the ability to close WinContig by pressing the ESC key.
- [User Requested Feature] Added the ability to highlight the row of the currently processed item.
- [User Requested Feature] Added the ability to show the profile name on the title bar.
- Some minor bugs fixed.
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware