The day many have been waiting for has finally arrived. The Windows 8 consumer preview is now available for download at the following links below. There is also a link for Admin tools.
The consumer preview represents the first look in to Windows 8 that is, as the name denotes, intended to let consumers try out the new OS. The previously released version, the Windows Developers Preview, was locked down and only provided a limited look at what the new OS has to offer.
Once you do get the OS installed, make sure to let us know how Windows 8 works for you. Remember, this build of Windows 8 is not a final product and as such may have bugs or other quirks that can cause the system to crash or applications to hang.
The download links are posted below.
Windows Consumer Preview site: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/iso
Windows Preview site: http://preview.windows.com
Windows 8 CP x64: Download (3.3 GB) Sha 1 hash — 1288519C5035BCAC83CBFA23A33038CCF5522749
Windows 8 CP x86: Download (2.5 GB) Sha 1 hash — E91ED665B01A46F4344C36D9D88C8BF78E9A1B39
Windows 8 CP Other languages: Download Here
Windows 8 CP Admin Tools: Download Here
Product Key: DNJXJ-7XBW8-2378T-X22TX-BKG7J
Windows 8 Consumer Preview works great on the same hardware that powers Windows 7:
- Processor: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster<
- RAM: 1 gigabyte (GB) (32-bit) or 2 GB (64-bit)
- Hard disk space: 16 GB (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)
- Graphics card: Microsoft DirectX 9 graphics device or higher
- To use touch, you need a tablet or monitor that supports multitouch
- To access Windows Store and to download and run apps, you need an active Internet connection and a screen resolution of at least 1024 x 768
- To snap apps, you need a screen resolution of at least 1366 x 768