Over the past few months, Microsoft has been constantly updating the Xbox with new features such as a redesigned Dashboard and Guide, support for 120Hz refresh rates, and Microsoft Edge browser overhaul. Nearly three weeks ago, the company rolled out preview build 1805 to the Alpha ring with support for Groups customization and increased privacy options.
Now, Microsoft has released a new Xbox One version 1806 preview for those on the Alpha ring.
The latest Xbox One system update is 1806.180524-1920 and the build number is 17134.4016. It contains one major feature, which gives gamers the ability to enable their cameras to display full screen while broadcasting using Mixer.
Here is the list of issues that have been fixed in this build:
- Sharing an item to the Community Twist or sharing an item from the community will no longer cause a 15 second lag.
- The focus glow will clip the Club Icon within the Club settings while in Light theme
- Various localization issues fixed in this build.
Settings : Profile Pages
- The Press Y To Search and Press Y to Refresh button options will clip one another within the Social tab
- Misc. performance fixes in the platform.
There are a number of known issues in this build as well, which you can view below:
- A few users are still experiencing the blank names for Groups. Workaround: You may need to rename these Groups if the local reset did not clear up the issue for you.
- The Groups tab My games & apps may not show after sign in even though you can access Groups in Guide. Workaround: Sign in / out to refresh these pages.
- You may see “This group does not exist” on Home on first sign-in for your existing Groups. Workaround: Sign in / out to refresh these pages.
- Some changes might not be reflected when editing Groups between multiple consoles after coming out of connected standby. Sign in/out to fix.
- Titles hidden from Ready to install will show up as an item you can add through the “Add more” or “Create a group” page
- Choosing “Add to Home” for a game within a group will not add the block to Home
- You may see issues roaming between a GA console and preview 1806 console. Workaround: Choose to reset your Groups locally to resync from the service.
- Resetting Groups – local re-sync or reset everywhere: We’ve updated the reset button at the bottom of the Groups page in “My games & apps” so now you can delete your local Groups data and re-sync with the service. This will clear up a lot of issues that may have occurred due to bad states or if data is not showing up as expected. You can still delete from everywhere if you want a fresh start with Groups.
- You may need to sign in / out for the pages to refresh afterwards.
- Note: If you are still seeing issues after performing a local reset and/or sign in/out, please make sure to file a bug so the team can investigate.
- Sometimes users may encounter an incorrect Profile color when powering on the console.
- Work continues on the stability of the Wi-Fi connectivity. If you see any issues please report the problems for investigation.
- Some users are encountering an issue where their YouTube account is being signed out whenever they launch the app.
- Workaround: Uninstall/re-install the app and sign in with your account again.
The 1806 version number of the build indicates that it will be finalized in June, although it is not necessary that it will ship to non-Insiders in the same month as well. It's currently only available for Insiders in the Preview Alpha ring - which is invitation-only - but you should be able to get it in the lower rings soon enough.