BleachBit quickly frees disk space and tirelessly guards your privacy. Free cache, delete cookies, clear Internet history, shred temporary files, delete logs, and discard junk you didn't know was there. Designed for Linux and Windows systems, it wipes clean 90 applications including Firefox, Internet Explorer, Adobe Flash, Google Chrome, Opera, Safari, and more. Beyond simply deleting files, BleachBit includes advanced features such as shredding files to prevent recovery, wiping free disk space to hide traces of files deleted by other applications, and vacuuming Firefox to make it faster. Better than free, BleachBit is open source.
BleachBit has many useful features:
- Simple operation: read the descriptions, check the boxes you want, click preview, and click delete.
- Multi-platform: Linux and Windows
- Free of charge
- Free to share, learn, and modify (open source)
- Free of adware, spyware, and malware
- Translated to 52 languages
- Shred files to hide their contents and prevent data recovery
- Shred any file (such as a spreadsheet on your desktop)
- Overwrite free disk space to hide previously deleted files
- Portable app for Windows: run without installation
- Command line interface for scripting and automation
- CleanerML allows anyone to write a new cleaner using XML
- Automatically import and update winapp2.ini cleaner files (a separate download) giving Windows users access to 500+ additional cleaners
- Frequent software updates with new features and more...
What's new in this version:
BleachBit 0.9.5 better cleans Google Chrome, Thunderbird, and 64-bit Linux systems and improves compatibility with Winapp2.ini, which offers 1237 cleaners for Windows. We are also happy to announce a new GitHub repository for developing and sharing cleaners.
These are the changes since version 0.9.4:
- Google Chrome, Chromium: separate cleaning of passwords out of history into its own option
- Google Chrome: delete Flash cookies in Pepper Flash
- Google Chrome: delete more history
- Thunderbird: delete folder index files (.msf) thanks to BlackDex
- Clean out obsolete data (hashpath) in bleachbit.ini to reduce file size and improve privacy.
- Introduce a new GitHub repository for CleanerML development
- Move BleachBit source code repository, which is in SVN, to new address
- Specific to Linux
- Improve compatibility of memory wiping with 64-bit systems
- Improve ability to run headless
- Support newer Linux kernels in memory cleaner by using new out-of-memory score adjustment /proc/pid/oom_score_adj
- Specific to Windows
- Improve compatibility with Winapp2.ini: clean more junk and more accurately detect which options are relevant. (Add support for semicolons, DetectFile#=, Detect#=, and more sections.)
- Add command line option --update-winapp2 to update winapp2.ini. (Can be combined with --clean or --preview and --list.)
- Windows: introduce higher resolution application icon
- Windows: add transparency to application icon
Download: BleachBit 0.9.5 | 6.0 MB (Open Source)
Download: BleachBit for Linux
Screenshots: >>Click Here
-1 Comments - Add comment