Bvckup 2 is a mirroring data backup software notable for its use of delta copying, speed of operation, small resource footprint and a "beautifully functional" user interface. The software replicates files from one location to another in their original format and purposefully does not include options for compressing or encrypting them. It does however include a comprehensive list of supporting features including periodic and real-time backup scheduling, removable device tracking and shadow copying support. Ideal for making local backups, backups going to external and removable drives as well as to NAS devices.
Bvckup 2 features:
- Real-time, scheduled and manual backups
- Very fast, delta file copying
- Excellent user interface
- Backup of locked files with shadow copying
- Removable device tracking
- Move/rename detection
- Windows XP and newer
- Full 64-bit support
- Run-as-a-service mode
- Symlink and junction support
- Ownership, group and DACL copying
- Fully asynchronous I/O
- Multi-core processing where required
- Optimized throughout for no run-time bloat
- Software update notifications
Bvckup 2 Release 80.2 changelog:
- Run-on-device-arrival scheduling now applies to local devices only - as opposed to being also triggered by a network share becoming accessible.
- Exporting configuration now also picks up email alert templates.
- Configuration self-backup now covers additional config files.
- Resolved an issue with reporting reparse points that are folders - that is, when running into a reparse paint _of an unknown type_ the program will now correctly report the event both if it is a file reparse point and if it's of a directory kind.
- Resolved a cosmetic issue with the Welcome window - some text was clipped, and now it's not.
- Resolved an issue with logging email alerting failures - an exotic issue triggered when the dispatch of a "missed a backup run" alert ends _precisely_ when the job is being launched. This literally required a microsecond precision in timing, but apparently some installation managed to achieve that.
- Reworked email alerts module to double-check message formatting - this has to do with a report of qmail refusing an email alert because it (allegedly) contained a lone LF character as a line terminator  instead of CRLF. Looking at the code on our side there's no way this could've had happened, it always sends CRLF. But just in case the alerting module now explicitly re-checks that all lines are CRLF terminated immediately before sending them to the remote end.
Download: Bvckup 2 Release 80.2 | 2.4 MB (Free trial, $19.95)
View: Bvckup 2 Home Page | Discounts | Release Notes
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware
0 Comments - Add comment