Calibre is an open source e-book library management application that enables you to manage your e-book collection, convert e-books between different formats, synchronize with popular e-book reader devices, and read your e-books with the included viewer.
It acts as an e-library and also allows for format conversion, news feeds to e-book conversion, as well as e-book reader sync features and an integrated e-book viewer.
Calibre's features include: library management; format conversion (all major ebook formats); syncing to e-book reader devices; fetching news from the Web and converting it into ebook form; viewing many different e-book formats, giving you access to your book collection over the internet using just a browser.
Calibre 5.32 new features:
Edit book: Add a tool to transform HTML tags based on rules (Tools->Transform HTML). Allows for making transformations such as changing one html tag to another, deleting tags, wrapping them in another tag, etc. Also available during conversions via the Look & feel->Transform HTML section of the conversion dialog.
Driver for the new Tolino Vision 6. Closes tickets: 1949908
Kobo driver: Add support for the latest firmware released last week
When picking a random book ensure recently chosen books are not re-selected. Closes tickets: 1948889
Icon theme chooser dialog: Allow right clicking on a theme to visit its homepage
- Amazon metadata download: Add support for more markup variations in amazon's sites that could prevent the fetching of ratings, comments and series metadata for some books
- Google search: Add support for new beta search results page markup that was preventing using cached Google pages to search for Amazon metadata
- PDF Output: Fix the option to preserve cover aspect ratio being ignored when converting comics
- DOCX Input: Sanitize image filenames more strictly to workaround broken EPUB software. Closes tickets: 1950412
- Linux binary: Fix file dialogs not working on Fedora 35 under KDE. Closes tickets: 1950206
- When sending email to the Kindle and PocketBook sync services use ASCII filenames as there have been some reports of issues with non-ASCII filenames with these services. Closes tickets: 1949604
- Book Details: Fix missing copy options on composite columns. Closes tickets: 1950033
- Ask for confirmation when deleting covers from books
New news sources
- India speaks reddit feed by Vishwas Vasuki
Improved news sources
- New York Post
- Boston Globe
- The Globe and Mail
Download: Calibre 5.32 for Windows | Portable | Windows 64-bit | ~100.0 MB (Open Source)
Download: Calibre 5.32 for MacOS | 144.0 MB
Download: Calibre 5.32 for Linux
View: Calibre Home Page | Calibre Screenshot
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware