Calibre is an open source e-book library management application that enables you to manage your e-book collection, convert e-books between different formats, synchronize with popular e-book reader devices, and read your e-books with the included viewer.
It acts as an e-library and also allows for format conversion, news feeds to e-book conversion, as well as e-book reader sync features and an integrated e-book viewer.
Calibre's features include: library management; format conversion (all major ebook formats); syncing to e-book reader devices; fetching news from the Web and converting it into ebook form; viewing many different e-book formats, giving you access to your book collection over the internet using just a browser.
Calibre 6.24 changelog:
- Easily manage the extra data files associated with a book by right clicking the edit metadata button and choose "Manage data files"
- Content server: Full text search: Allow searching a restricted subset of books
- E-book viewer: Allow clicking on calibre:// URLs
- Support fuzzier searching in the Tag browser find allowing unaccented characters to match accented ones
- DOCX conversion: Preserve underline style and color
- Fix incorrect sorting of device view after some operations
- Fix visit content server in browser not working when the content server is configured to listen on an IPv6 interface
- Fix one hour offset in some timezones on Windows for dates before 1970
- Windows: HTML Input: Fix error when trying to add HTML files with links to other files that are invalid pathnames
- Get books: Update various Polish language book stores for website changes
New news sources
The New Republic Magazine by ping
Inc42 by unkn0w7n
Improved news sources
- Epoch Times
- Business Standard
- Bloomberg Business Week
- MIT Technology Review
- Live Mint
- Private Eye
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware