A fresh re-install always makes Windows much faster but that means you lose all your program settings. CloneApp will Backup all your App settings from Windows' directories and the Registry, and only those you really need. The Idea behind CloneApp is a bit different from the "classic" Backup tool. The main purpose is to backup all the Configuration files in the Windows Program directories and the Registry.
Supported software includes 7-Zip, Adobe Reader, Classic Shell, Gimp, Google Chrome, Google Earth, IrfanView, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Office 2010/ 2013, Firefox, Opera, VLC Media Player, and it can preserve plenty of Windows settings, too: Favorites, Contacts, Network folder settings, Start Menu and more.
CloneApp can also be extended via "plug-ins", plain text files which define exactly which files, folders and Registry keys the program should preserve.
Changes in this version:
- Optimized UI Control appearance (default day and night theme)
- Optimized Initialization of Plug-ins
- Optimized behaviour of Plug-in Author and AuthorURL field
- Changed Button caption of Plug-in "Edit" > "Update"
- Added support for VirtualBox
- Optimized support for CDBurnerXP, Media Player Classic - BE
- Minor Bug fixes