Bvckup 2 is a mirroring data backup software notable for its use of delta copying, speed of operation, small resource footprint and a "beautifully functional" user interface. The software replicates files from one location to another in their original format and purposefully does not include options for compressing or encrypting them. It does however include a comprehensive list of supporting features including periodic and real-time backup scheduling, removable device tracking and shadow copying support. Ideal for making local backups, backups going to external and removable drives as well as to NAS devices.
Bvckup 2 features:
- Real-time, scheduled and manual backups
- Very fast, delta file copying
- Excellent user interface
- Backup of locked files with shadow copying
- Removable device tracking
- Move/rename detection
- Full 64-bit support
- Run-as-a-service mode
- Symlink and junction support
- Ownership, group and DACL copying
- Fully asynchronous I/O
- Multi-core processing where required
- Optimized throughout for no run-time bloat
- Software update notifications
Bvckup 2 Release 82.8 changelog:
Relaxed handling of secondary errors when creating folders.
- Previously, if a job was set to copy file/folder security attributes and the program would failed to do that for a freshly created folder, it would fail the step and cause all dependent backup steps to be skipped over. While technically correct, a more desirable behavior would normally be to copy files still even if the sec info on the backup folder cannot be set. So that's the change in this release => sec info and ADS copying errors are now considered secondary errors and will not auto-fail dependent backup actions.
- Patched several smaller issues related to error handling, all of them are for very rare edge cases.
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware