When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Here’s how it works.

EE users can now freely top up and give to charity at the same time

The EE Up wallet on a phone

EE has announced a partnership with WeAre8 that allows customers to watch a video and answer one to three short questions. Those who complete the tasks will receive up to 20p in their EE Up wallet (accessible through the My EE app) and a donation of 5% will automatically be made to Unicef.

According to the mobile carrier, the EE Up wallet balance - if there’s at least £1 in there - can be used to pay your mobile bill. It can also be used to donate money to charities that are trying to end food poverty and reverse climate change. WeAre8 is behind the technology that connects EE users to brands that reward them for their time.

Commenting on the partnership, Sharon Meadows Director of Propositions at EE said:

“We wanted to reward our customers with the best range of flexible benefits, so we’ve launched EE Up in the My EE app. As well as the usual giveaways and competitions, we’re giving customers more by offering an easy way to give back to society. We’ve all had more time on our hands in recent months and in a matter of minutes per day, our customers can get money off their monthly bills and also give back to causes they care about through WeAre8.”

Once users join the new service, brand videos will be sent out via SMS, e-mail, or both, depending on the customers' preferences. If you’d like to receive more money from the programme you can choose to receive content at the highest frequency while those who don’t want to be bombarded by alerts can reduce the frequency. To find out more, go to the My EE app and visit the EE Up section.

Report a problem with article
ebook offer
Next Article

Industrial Cybersecurity - Free Sample Chapters

The Amazon logo on a white orange and brown background
Previous Article

Amazon reports blockbuster Q1 2021 earnings, net sales at $108.5 billion