After getting a sneak peek at the refreshed user interface for the OneNote UWP app about a month ago, additional features have made their way into the spotlight thanks to a tweet from OneNote Central.
Interestingly enough, the tweet links to an online OneNote notebook which provides a bit more information about what's included in the update, bringing the version number up to 17.7830.10001. Here's what's included in terms of specifics:
- Password protection: The ability to password protect notebook sections as well as change passwords and unlocking protected sections
- New page creation control: You can now create a new page below the highlighted page by selecting the command in the context menu (previously, you could only add a new page at the bottom of the page list)
- Bullet list gallery: Users can now choose from eight bullet styles instead of just the one provided in the past
- Paragraph handles
- Drag and drop notebook list reordering
- Section group renaming
- Image saving: Images can now be saved from OneNote via the context menu
- File attachment saving: File attachments can now also be saved from OneNote via a context menu command
- Shapes gallery: Shapes can now be inserted via the Insert tab while holding Shift while inserting creates a perfect shape
- Table support: Almost all table features are now included except the options for 'Hide Borders' and 'Header Row'
While there are still some notable gaps compared to its fully fledged desktop counterpart, such as the History and Review tabs, the OneNote UWP app is slowly but surely catching up.
Source: OneNote Central (Twitter)