Microsoft has released some interesting stats on its "Microsoft by the Numbers" website, which showcases the growth of the Windows platform as well as other products and services offered by the company.
The website has also highlighted several milestones and achievements accomplished by the company which include:
- Office has been downloaded more than 100 million times on iPhones, iPads and Android devices.
- 80% of the Fortune 500 is on the Microsoft cloud.
- More than 75 million devices are running Windows 10.
- Skype Translator can translate voice calls in 6 different languages.
- Microsoft Surface Hub collaboration devices are integrated with optically bonded displays capable of detecting 100 points of multi-touch and up to three simultaneous pen inputs.
- Microsoft employees in Redmond, Washington eat about 984,000 orders of French fries each year in campus cafeterias.
Many more intriguing facts have been listed as well which includes that there are now 669,000 apps in the Windows Store. The company also states that there are now 48 million Xbox Live users in 42 countries and that Outlook.com has more than 400 million active users. More than 1.2 billion people use Microsoft Office which equates to one in every seven people on the Earth.
The Redmond giant has also highlighted prominent individuals linked to the company such as Stephen Alvarez, who has endeavored to snap photos of all the Seven Natural Wonders of the World using only Microsoft-made smartphones. Rudy Huyn has been mentioned as one of the "platform's most prolific developers" as his apps have been downloaded over 16 million times. There are several more interesting facts listed on the company's website which you can view by visiting the source link.