At the beginning of the year, Microsoft announced two of its most affordable smartphones ever: the Lumia 435 and Lumia 532. Less than five months later, prices are already falling fast.
Over in Australia, popular retailer Woolworths is preparing to offer the Lumia 532 for just $39 AUD (around $30 USD) next week - that's a reduction of $60 on the regular price. The handset will be offered off-contract, but locked to Telstra, along with carrier branding.
The Lumia 532 is no flagship - but at such a low price, it's hard to argue with what's on offer. Its key specs include:
- 4-inch LCD with WVGA (800x480px) resolution and Glance
- Quad-core 1.2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 200 processor
- 1GB RAM
- 8GB onboard storage (plus microSD support up to 128GB)
- 5MP rear camera with fixed focus
- 0.3MP front-facing camera
- Bluetooth 4.0
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
- 1560mAh battery
- 118.9 x 65.5 x 11.6mm; 136g
Be aware, though, that this isn't a permanent price cut - the device will only be offered at this price from June 10 to June 16, so if you're thinking about going for it, don't wait too long.