Create PDF files, comment and review, save PDF forms, extract text and images, type text directly onto the page, and more. Nitro"s new free PDF reader takes the key features that you want in a PDF reader, a familiar interface, and smooth functionality and combines them into an eminently usable program that doesn"t get in between you and your documents. Nitro has turned the free PDF alternative business model on its ear by providing you with a smart selection of watermark-free editing, drag-and-drop PDF creation, and tabbed PDF reading.
Nitro Reader offers navigation panes, including Pages, Bookmarks, Comments, Output, Signatures, and Attachments, allowing for easy navigation of larger documents, and providing a central location for additional content.
Nitro Reader is the only free PDF reader to offer the ability to create PDF from virtually any Windows application. Create PDF files from over 300 different formats. Comment, review, and collaborate. Fill and save PDF forms. Extract text and images. Type text directly onto the page. Nitro Reader offers a range of powerful tools to extract text and images, allowing you to work with PDF in a way you probably didn"t think possible in a free reader. With Nitro Reader, you can keep viewing and accessing PDF files originating from just about anywhere. You can just do more with them.
- Type Text Smart Alignment provides dynamic visual guides to accuratelyalign typed text in ref- erence to other text, form fields, annotations, images, shapes, and other page elements
- Auto Recovery automatically restores open PDF files, unsaved document changes, as well as view states and document focus after Nitro has terminated unexpectedly.
- Scanned Document Detection shows a notification when the PDF file opened is image-based, or scanned.
- Autonomy WorkSite Integration for enterprise deployments of Nitro Reader 3 enables PDF files to be opened from and saved to a WorkSite repository (digital signatures not currently supported)
- Japanese and Simplified Chinese support for Asian text across all Nitro Reader 3"s PDF tools
- Scripting Object Model (SOM) support when filling out static XFA forms
- Web Browser Plugin supports hyperlinks with hash tags that link to a PDF page
- Smaller files sizes when adding text annotations
- General rendering and performance enhancement across many areas of Nitro Reader 3
- Nitro PDF Creator Preferences display incorrectly when system and application locales are different