OBS Studio is software designed for capturing, compositing, encoding, recording, and streaming video content, efficiently. It is the re-write of the widely used Open Broadcaster Software, to allow even more features and multi-platform support. OBS Studio supports multiple sources, including media files, games, web pages, application windows, webcams, your desktop, microphone and more.
OBS Studio Features:
- High performance real time video/audio capturing and mixing, with unlimited scenes you can switch between seamlessly via custom transitions.
- Live streaming to Twitch, YouTube, Periscope, GoodGame, DailyMotion, Hitbox, VK and any other RTMP server
- Filters for video sources such as image masking, color correction, chroma/color keying, and more.
- x264, H.264 and AAC for your live streams and video recordings
- Intel Quick Sync Video (QSV) and NVIDIA NVENC support
- Intuitive audio mixer with per-source filters such as noise gate, noise suppression, and gain. Take full control with VST plugin support.
- GPU-based game capture for high performance game streaming
- Unlimited number of scenes and sources
- Number of different and customizable transitions for when you switch between scenes
- Hotkeys for almost any action such as start or stop your stream or recording, push-to-talk, fast mute of any audio source, show or hide any video source, switch between scenes,and much more
- Live preview of any changes on your scenes and sources using Studio Mode before pushing them to your stream where your viewers will see those changes
- DirectShow capture device support (webcams, capture cards, etc)
- Powerful and easy to use configuration options. Add new Sources, duplicate existing ones, and adjust their properties effortlessly.
- Streamlined Settings panel for quickly configuring your broadcasts and recordings. Switch between different profiles with ease.
- Light and dark themes available to fit your environment.
- …and many other features. For free. At all.
OBS Studio 21.0.1 changelog:
- Fixed a crash with the stinger transition.
- Fixed a bug where Hauppauge and Live Gamer Portable devices were not outputting audio/video.
- Fixed a lock on startup that could occur depending on how audio ducking was configured.
Other General Changes and Fixes
- Added a new program theme: Acri.
- Changed the default program theme to dark mode for new users.
- Changed the text of "Multi-adapter Compatibility" in game capture to "SLI/Crossfire Capture Mode (Slow)". This was changed because the wording "Multi-adapter Compatibility" was a bit vague, and users are not typically aware of the potential performance impact when using the option.
- Optimized the preview pane and reduced GPU usage by 2-8% depending on how many sources were in the preview.
- The streaming/recording buttons in the main window now highlight while streaming/recording.
- Fixed a bug on Windows where desktop audio capture could go slightly out of sync with display/game/window capture on certain audio devices
- Fixed an issue where certain Elgato devices would not output audio by default, and would require users to select the audio device manually.
- Fixed a bug with studio mode where scenes that are set to fully duplicate would not retain their filters.
- Fixed a stuttering bug on Linux with audio monitoring
- Fixed MP3 audio support in the browser source on macOS
- Fixed a few Dark/Rachni theme issues [full release notes]
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware