OnePlus has released a preview for the next update that will eventually makes its way to two of its high-end handsets. The company is now rolling out OxygenOS Open Beta 22 for the OnePlus 3, and Open Beta 13 for the 3T, bringing the following improvements to both devices:
- Data usage tracking optimizations
- The system is now better at tracking data usage
- Expanded screenshot optimizations
- OnePlus apps updates
- App locker, FileManager, Weather, Note (shelf), Launcher, and OnePlus Push have all been updated
The new beta also brings several bug fixes to the 3 and 3T:
- Installation issues of some parallel apps
- Screenshot issues on some parallel apps
- Sometimes the expanded screenshot would fail on parallel apps
- Weather widget sometimes won’t update
- Weather widget in Shelf will now update properly
- Font issue after changing system language
- Sometimes the system font did not display properly after changing system language
Details on how to download and install the new beta can be found here on the OnePlus site. Bear in mind that if you join the Open Beta program, you'll receive beta updates over-the-air, but if you want to switch to stable OxygenOS releases later, you'll have to wipe your phone first.
OnePlus has promised to upgrade the 3 and 3T to the next version of Android - currently known as Android O - by the end of this year. Last week, it confirmed that the Android O upgrade will be the last major OS update that it delivers to those devices.