Paint.NET is an image and photo manipulation application. Every feature and user interface element was designed to be immediately intuitive and quickly learnable without assistance. In order to handle multiple images easily, Paint.NET uses a tabbed document interface. The tabs display a live thumbnail of the image instead of a text description. This makes navigation very simple and fast.
Usually only found on expensive or complicated professional software, layers form the basis for a rich image composition experience. You may think of them as a stack of transparency slides that, when viewed together at the same time, form one image.
Many special effects are included for enhancing and perfecting your images. Everything from blurring, sharpening, red-eye removal, distortion, noise, and embossing are included. Also included is our unique 3D Rotate/Zoom effect that makes it very easy to add perspective and tilting.
Adjustments are also included which help you tweak an images brightness, contrast, hue, saturation, curves, and levels. You can also convert an image to black and white, or sepia-toned.
Here are the changes and fixes since the last beta build (5168):
- Rotation (Move, Shapes) now allows you to use the right mouse button to rotate, no matter where the mouse cursor is
- The hit-zone for rotation no longer extends inside the objects (e.g. selection, shape) bounding box
- New languages: Hungarian, Lithuanian
- Fixed some mouse input glitches when using Paint.NET inside of VMWare
- Fixed all sorts of issues with Paste
- Fixed blending modes sometimes getting saved incorrectly
- Fixed an infinite loop with the crash dialog handling
- Fixed constrained rotation (e.g. Move, Shapes) using a relative instead of absolute offset
- Fixed a rendering issue with the Move Selected Pixels tool caused by a flawed implementation of coverage sampling
- Fixed an issue in the Magic Wand and Paint Bucket tools when using a Tolerance value of 0 whereby it would sometimes include colors that werent exactly the same as what you clicked on
- Fixed a crash when using horizontal scroll wheels
- Fixed the Settings dialog showing the wrong language
- Fixed the increment for Pan/Zoom in the Rotate/Zoom dialog (it was 1.0, it is now 0.01)
- Fixed the Rotate/Zoom dialog not always reloading the values that were used previously
- Fixed the Pixel Grid indicators (View menu, toolbar) being out of sync
- Fixed various plugin compatibility issues
- Fixed various crashes