PDFCreator is an application for converting documents into Portable Document Format (PDF) format on Microsoft Windows operating systems. It works by creating a virtual printer that prints to PDF files, and thereby allows practically any application to create PDF files by choosing to print from within the application and then printing to the PDFCreator printer. PDFCreator is free, even for commercial use! It is Open Source and released under the Terms of the GNU General Public License.
- Create PDFs from any program that is able to print
- Security: Encrypt PDFs and protect them from being opened, printed etc.
- Send generated files via eMail
- Create more than just PDFs: PNG, JPG, TIFF, BMP, PCX, PS, EPS
- AutoSave files to folders and filenames based on Tags like Username, Computername, Date, Time etc.
- Merge multiple files into one PDF
- Easy Install: Just say what you want and everything is installed
- Terminal Server: PDFCreator also runs on Terminal Servers without problems
Changes in PDFCreator 22.214.171.124:
- Fixed a few exceptions that could happen when starting PDFCreator. Among them there was one exception that always appeared when printing a file from the context menu.
- Microsoft has changed the way applications can find out which files are printable. For Windows 10 apps (like the Windows Photo app), there is no way to print files automatically. In addidtion, the current Microsoft APIs don’t know this though. We have added a workaround that does not make PDFCreator crash in this case. You still need to make another application the default for images to print automatically though.
- Terminal Server: An exception was fixed that could occur when saving the license for all users