PotPlayer is an extremely light-weight multimedia player for Windows. It feels like the KMPlayer, but is in active development. Supports almost every available video formats out there. PotPlayer contains internal codecs and there is no need to install codecs manually. Other key features include WebCam/Analog/Digital TV devices support, gapless video playback, DXVA, live broadcasting.
Distinctive features of the player is a high quality playback, support for all modern video and audio formats and a built DXVA video codecs. A wide range of subtitles are supported and you are also able to capture audio, video, and screenshots. A comprehensive video and audio player, that also supports TV channels, subtitles and skins. Its been described on the Internet as The KMPlayer redux, and it pretty much is.
Daum PotPlayer 1.7.351 changelog:
- Reorganization of Kakao TV
- Added feature of skin always on top
- Added the ability to select device in video output device Direct3D9
- Added Direct3D 11 video output device (Windows 8 or newer)
- Added feature of pixel shader to OpenGL video output device
- Fixed an issue when decoding certain MJPEG
- Fixed an issue that D3D11 capture did not work in certain games
- Improved closed caption handling