PotPlayer is an extremely light-weight multimedia player for Windows. It feels like the KMPlayer, but is in active development. Supports almost every available video formats out there. PotPlayer contains internal codecs and there is no need to install codecs manually. Other key features include WebCam/Analog/Digital TV devices support, gapless video playback, DXVA, live broadcasting.
Distinctive features of the player is a high quality playback, support for all modern video and audio formats and a built DXVA video codecs. A wide range of subtitles are supported and you are also able to capture audio, video, and screenshots. A comprehensive video and audio player, that also supports TV channels, subtitles and skins. Its been described on the Internet as The KMPlayer redux, and it pretty much is.
PotPlayer 200730 changelog:
- Added the ability to make shortcuts of main menu work in playlist, bookmark editing, subtitle browser, etc.
- Added the ability to reflect the time displayed on skin according to playback speed
- Added filter function into bookmark editing
- Added the ability to rename font only in ASS/SSA subtitle style processing
- Fixed an issue that could not play due to an error in a specific system
- Fixed an issue where subtitles were duplicated in certain subtitles
- Fixed an issue that did not play certain Dash/HTTP live streaming
- Fixed a slow problem in playing with 10-bit AV1 codec
- Fixed an issue that screen did not appear when playing certain MP4 files
- Fixed an issue where certain SSA/ASS subtitles appeared strangely
Notes: PotPlayer setup includes 3rd party (optional) software.
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware