Thanks Marcus who has sent us the following press release from Sygate website:
- On May 1, 2002 after accelerated testing, we released a preview version of our Sygate Personal Firewall PRO software that addresses the Backstealth vulnerability. Yesterday evening we made this build #1116 available to the general public for those who are concerned about this proof of concept vulnerability. Users are welcome to download and try the preview release. The preview release is available only through our Product Forums
By downloading the preview release you accept and agree to the above terms and conditions.
- Installing Sygate Personal Firewall 5.0 no longer causes systemtray.exe to crash
- SMC process doesn't slow down in Datamanager.
- Windows 98 services no longer appear when 'Hide Windows Services' option is enabled.
- SMC no longer use more than 17 MB or RAM.
- Description and Security Type are no longer lost when Security log is exported.
- Sygate Personal Firewall 5.0 no longer blocks Internet access when Windows XP bridge is enabled.
- The profile no longer gets corrupted when advanced rules are setup.
- Notification windows can now be closed when Log Viewer is open.
- Sygate Personal Firewall 5.0 no longer hangs when IP address is renewed manually.
- Improved PPPoE compatibility.
- Resolution for backstealth type attack on the firewall process.