Whatapp has been a popular communications app that spans multiple mobile and internet browser platforms. Today, Whatsapp has released an update to its Windows Phone version of the application that opens up several new features to its user.
Within the latest Whatsapp update (220.127.116.11), users will find the following additions:
- Mark chats as Read or Unread
- Mute specific chat threads
- Quickly message or save the contact if they’re also on WhatsApp upon receiving a contact card
- Enable ringtones and vibrations to alert you of new calls or messages
- Emoji library expansion with new color variations, accessible through a tap & hold gesture
- Data-conscious setting to help protect any data caps users might have
In addition to seeing an update to the Windows Phone app, Whatsapp is now being tailored to work on Microsoft's new Edge web browser on Windows 10, which should also include all of these features on top of the voice calling feature added to Android and Windows Phone earlier this year.
Source: Lumia Conversations
UPDATE: Revised article to properly reflect application changelog via Lumia Conversations and removed incorrect voice calling feature information previously reported.