Earlier this year, Google chose to kill off Google+ and break down some of the features of the service into separate offerings. Google Photos emerged out of the rubble and and has done some growing over the past five months. Google has decided to share some stats of the service, some of which are presented down below in no particular order.
- 100 million users are currently using the service
- Food is the second most photographed subject
- The chart above shows the most photographed events
- Dogs are photographed more than any other animal
- Paris is the most photographed city
Google Photos is a free service that is currently compatible with iOS, Android and can also be accessed via a web browser. Photos offers 15GB of uncompressed image storage or unlimited storage for compressed high quality images. Those that require more space can opt to purchase 100GB for $1.99 a month or 1TB for $9.99 a month. For more interesting facts about the service (11 in total), be sure to hit the source link down below.