YouTube Music, soon set to be Google's only streaming service, has added a plethora of new features this year, including the addition of an Explore tab for improved music discovery. Earlier this week, a Reddit user reported that the firm was also testing high-level filters for the Home feed of recommendations.
Now, YouTube Music has added global top charts to the Explore tab, which lets users find the most popular music from 57 popular countries across the world. The feature is present between "New releases" and "Mood & genres" at the top of the Explore page. Users can select their location via a dropdown menu, and see the following five categories:
- Top songs: The most played songs on YouTube
- Top music videos: The most viewed music videos
- Top artists: The biggest artists on YouTube
- Genres: The top videos across the major genres on YouTube
- Trending: What’s new and hot in music right now
This lets YouTube Music "share with you the most popular songs from around the world, no matter where you're located." The feature has been rolled out globally today on Android, iOS, and on the web.