AIMP is a powerful audio player that allows you to listen to your favorite music with an outstanding sound quality. Its appearance resembles that of another classical audio player (Winamp).
The program includes a 18-band equalizer, a visualization window to display rhythmic visual effects and a playlist editor to organize your audio files. A nice fading effect makes your list of songs look like an endless music loop and a handy volume normalizing feature avoids drastic volume changes between tracks. Also, the players main functions can be conveniently controlled by global hotkeys.
Besides playing music, AIMP features three extra utilities which also enable you to record any sound on your computer, convert audio files from one format to another and view or edit tags. AIMP is based on the well-known audio engine BASS, so its easy to connect new plug-ins (from the plug-in library included in the program) and expand the players functionality.
AIMP 5.30 Build 2505 Beta changelog:
- General: added the %ReplaceEx(..) macro
- Sound Engine: support for VST-plugins
- Sound engine: support for 768 kHz sampling rate
- Sound Engine: ability to use few DSP plugins at same time
- Tag editor: ability to undo last three changes
- Tag Editor: added support of "Key" tag field
- Tag Editor: detailed information about the errors
- Album arts: the "save album art to file folder" option has been added
- Player: added the "Rotating the mouse wheel off the controls adjusts volume" option
- Playlist: ability to delete track along with the parent folder
- Playlist: batch export and update operations
- Plugins: information bar - ability to show app's notifications
- Plugins: information bar - the "%Playlist" macro has been added
- Plugins: information bar - the "Card" now remembers position set by user
- General: optimizations for small notebook screens
- Playlist: reading speed of files in XSPF format has been increased twice
- Music library: improved performance of operations on large databases
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware