Shotcut is a free, open source, cross-platform video editor for Windows, Mac and Linux. Major features include support for a wide range of formats; no import required meaning native timeline editing; Blackmagic Design support for input and preview monitoring; and resolution support to 4k.
- Trimming on source clip player or timeline with ripple option
- Append, insert, overwrite, lift, and ripple delete editing on the timeline
- 3-point editing
- Hide, mute, and lock track controls
- Multitrack timeline with thumbnails and waveforms
- Unlimited undo and redo for playlist edits including a history view
- Create, play, edit, save, load, encode, and stream MLT XML projects (with auto-save)
- Save and load trimmed clip as MLT XML file
- Load and play complex MLT XML file as a clip
- Drag-n-drop files from file manager
- Scrubbing and transport control
- Video compositing across video tracks
- HTML5 (sans audio and video) as video source and filters
- 3-way (shadows, mids, highlights) color wheels for color correction and grading
- Eye dropper tool to pick neutral color for white balancing
- Fade in/out audio and fade video from and to black with easy-to-use fader controls on timeline
- Video wipe transitions:
- bar, barn door, box, clock (radial), diagonal, iris, matrix, and custom gradient image
- Track compositing/blending modes:
- Over, Add, Saturate, Multiply, Screen, Overlay, Darken, Dodge, Burn, Hard Light, Soft Light, Difference, Exclusion, HSL Hue, HSL Saturation, HSL Color, HSL Luminosity.
- Video Filters:
- Alpha Channel: Adjust, Alpha Channel: View, Blur, Brightness, Chroma Key: Advanced, Chroma Key: Simple, Contrast, Color Grading, Crop, Diffusion, Glow, Invert Colors, Key Spill: Advanced, Key Spill: Simple, Mirror, Old Film: Dust, Old Film: Grain, Old Film: Projector, Old Film: Scratches, Old Film: Technocolor, Opacity, Rotate, Rutt-Etra-Izer, Saturation, Sepia Tone, Sharpen, Size and Position, Stabilize, Text, Vignette, Wave, White Balance
- Speed effect for audio/video clips
- Blackmagic Design SDI and HDMI for input and preview monitoring
- Leap Motion for jog/shuttle control
- Webcam capture
- Audio capture to system audio card
- Capture (record) SDI, HDMI, webcam (V4L2), JACK audio, PulseAudio, IP stream, X11 screen, and Windows DirectShow devices
- Multi-core parallel image processing (when not using GPU and frame-dropping is disabled)
- DeckLink SDI keyer output
- OpenGL GPU-based image processing with 16-bit floating point linear per color component
Unfortunately, version 19.12.16 introduced a major new bug when moving clips on the Timeline with Ripple on. This version not only fixes that but also includes a highly requested feature that was a year end goal: moving multiple clips on the Timeline! In addition, two more video scopes were added: RGB Parade and RGB Waveform.
Shotcut 19.12.31 changelog:
Allow reducing track height to very short in Timeline and Keyframes.
Fixed crackly audio playback for some Windows users.
Fixed loading project files made before v19.06 when not using a period for a decimal point.
Fixed Lift and Ripple Delete on Timeline not reliably removing all selected.
Fixed checking Properties > Image sequence may not update duration in Playlist.
Fixed the intra-VLC and non-linear-quantizer options in the XDCAM-422 and D10 export presets.
Download: Shotcut 19.12.31 (32-bit) | Portable | ~100.0 MB (Open Source)
Download: Shotcut 19.12.31 (64-bit) | Portable
View: Shotcut Home Page | Other Operating Systems
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware
0 Comments - Add comment