Bvckup 2 is a mirroring data backup software notable for its use of delta copying, speed of operation, small resource footprint and a "beautifully functional" user interface. The software replicates files from one location to another in their original format and purposefully does not include options for compressing or encrypting them. It does however include a comprehensive list of supporting features including periodic and real-time backup scheduling, removable device tracking and shadow copying support. Ideal for making local backups, backups going to external and removable drives as well as to NAS devices.
Bvckup 2 features:
- Real-time, scheduled and manual backups
- Very fast, delta file copying
- Excellent user interface
- Backup of locked files with shadow copying
- Removable device tracking
- Move/rename detection
- Windows XP and newer
- Full 64-bit support
- Run-as-a-service mode
- Symlink and junction support
- Ownership, group and DACL copying
- Fully asynchronous I/O
- Multi-core processing where required
- Optimized throughout for no run-time bloat
- Software update notifications
Changes in Bvckup 2 Release 75.11:
- Resolved an issue whereby the app may crash if the backup engine takes over 30 seconds to initialize (which typically takes 1-2 seconds max). The impact of this issue is rather limited as it requires a combination of a very busy or overloaded machine and launching Bvckup 2 after a reboot.
- Internally, this had to do with the UI initiating a check for updates (if configured) and incorrectly assuming that the version information was already provided by the engine. The fix was to suppress all update checks until the engine is fully initialized and sync'ed up with the UI.