Calibre is an open source e-book library management application that enables you to manage your e-book collection, convert e-books between different formats, synchronize with popular e-book reader devices, and read your e-books with the included viewer.
It acts as an e-library and also allows for format conversion, news feeds to e-book conversion, as well as e-book reader sync features and an integrated e-book viewer.
Calibre's features include: library management; format conversion (all major ebook formats); syncing to e-book reader devices; fetching news from the Web and converting it into ebook form; viewing many different e-book formats, giving you access to your book collection over the internet using just a browser.
New features in Calibre 3.45.0:
- Content server: Allow adding or removing formats to a book via the edit metadata page.
- ToC Editor: Allow user to control whether duplicate headings are included or not when generating ToC from headings
- Advanced search dialog: Remember the last focused field in the search by title/authors tab
- Conversion: Performance improvement for books that have many HTML files that all include the same CSS stylesheets
- Kobo driver: Add options to more precisely control the generation of cover images, to reduce size and enhance quality
- Support subtitle in Douban metadata plugin
Calibre 3.45.0 bug fixes:
- Linux: Workaround for bug in recent Linux kernels that causes the Kindle to eject after calibre connects to it.
- DOCX Input: When autodetecting the Table of Contents from headings, work even if the headings use numbering.
- EPUB Output: If there are no guide elements do not output an empty guide tag. Makes epubcheck happy.
- Workaround for sortByColumn being partially broken in Qt 5.13.0
- Fix a regression that broke the per_lang_title_sort_articles tweak.
- Sending email: Fix an error on some windows machines with non-ASCII hostnames
- EPUB Output: When generating EPUB 3 preserve the old style meta tag to identify the cover as Google Play Books does not recognize EPUB 3 cover markup.
- Create catalog: Fix handling of the tilde character in BiBTeX catalogs.
- News downloads: Fix incorrect font sizes for some text in the index pages.
- Comic Input: Fix incorrect processing of comics with pages that have the same file names in different folders when using the "No process" option.
- CHM Input: Fix a regression that broke processing of some CHM files.
- Edit book: When auto-closing tags on typing
- Kobo driver: Fix for ContentType not being defined error for extension-less non kepub files on a Kobo
- Content server: Book details page: Do not display empty rows for undefined dates
- Get books: Update Google books and amazon plugins for markup changes
- Edit book: Text search: Fix searching for a single character backwards not working
New news sources
Aviation International News by Jose Ortiz
Improved news sources
Art and Letters Daily
The Wall Street Journal
Changes in Calibre 3.45.1:
- Fix a Windows-specific regression in 3.45.0 that caused various errors in the viewer and editor
Changes in v3.45.2:
- Fix a Windows-specific regression in 3.45.0 that prevented calibre from starting on non UTF-8 locales with non-ASCII usernames
Download: Calibre 3.45.2 for Windows | Portable | Windows 64-bit | ~60.0 MB (Open Source)
Download: Calibre 3.45.2 for MacOS | 77.1 MB
Download: Calibre 3.45.2 for Linux
View: Calibre Home Page | Calibre Screenshot
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware