CCleaner is a system optimization, privacy and cleaning tool. It removes unused files from your system - allowing Windows to run faster and freeing up valuable hard disk space. It also cleans traces of your online activities such as your Internet history. Additionally it contains a fully featured registry cleaner.
Starting with the version 4.18, CCleaner enables you to set up automatic monitoring and cleaning for Internet browsers and your PC in general. For example, every time you close an Internet browser, CCleaner can perform an automatic clean of browser files and settings, or it can ask you if you want to run a clean. Similarly, CCleaner can monitor your PC and, every so often, detect whether it will benefit from a clean and either clean it automatically, or ask you if you want to run a clean. When you enable automatic monitoring, CCleaner will continue to run in the background and you’ll see an icon in the system tray. Do not close this icon or you will disable automatic monitoring and cleaning.
Cleans the following:
- Internet Explorer/Microsoft Edge
- Google Chrome
- Windows - Recycle Bin, Recent Documents, Temporary files and Log files.
- Registry cleaner
- Third-party applications
CCleaner 5.46.6652 changelog:
- Added a separate control for the reporting of anonymous usage data
- Added a link to a Data Factsheet (LINK), which explains the data reported from CCleaner, why it’s reported, and what it’s used for
- Renamed the ‘Monitoring’ feature to ‘Smart Cleaning’, to better describe its function (intelligent cleaning alerts)
- Reworded checkboxes for clarity
- If Smart Cleaning is disabled, CCleaner’s background process will close and the feature will not run on startup
- Restored previous System Tray and minimize behavior
- Fixed various stability issues
Download: CCleaner Slim 5.46.6652 | CCleaner Portable | ~15.0 MB (Free, paid upgrade available)
Download: CCleaner 5.46.6652 (standard version, includes 3rd party offers)
View: CCleaner Website | CCleaner - Download Builds | Screenshot
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware