kMule - short form for "kad mule" - is intended to be the most lightweight eMule compatible client out there. While eMule does a great job, it may contain too much bloat for the everyday user and its updated not often enough to respond to the users wishes. Thats where kMule comes in, its basically a barebone "mule", designed to run unattended.
- first KAD ONLY client
- up-to-date libraries
- autoupdate system
- automatic ipfilter/mediainfo updating
- built-in CA leecher and search fake protection
- filename disparity check
- clear user interface
- enhanced ed2k links and collections with folder support
- per-directory sharing permissions
- SNARL support
- improved first start assistant incl. connection wizard
- ICS, SOTN, Powershare, Anti-HideOS
- searchCatch & passive src finding for more sources
Whats new in this version:
- ""We simplified the GUI even more... at least thats what we think. We replaced the old "Low ID"/"High ID" terms by "Firewalled" and "Open", cleaned up the directories dialog, joined "Messages" and "Security", the splash screen now shows the current IP filter loading progress and you can extract the proxy parameters from IE simply by clicking a button. kMule now has the nice option to automatically extract downloaded archives (we ship the 7za.dll for that) and additionally we took further care of WINE users. As kMule is pretty popular among Linux users, we fixed another potential crash cause.""