Last month, Best Buy began selling the Lumia 635 for $39.99 off-contract (on Sprint's Boost Mobile) and $41.99 (for the AT&T GoPhone version), having shifted the device to its 'clearance' stock. Now, the retailer has reduced the cost of the two-year-old handset even further.
While the price of the Boost Mobile variant remains unchanged, Best Buy has cut a few more bucks off the cost of the AT&T GoPhone model, which is now priced at just $34.99. However, there are no shipping options available for the device; instead, it must be collected from a Best Buy store.
The Lumia 635's key specs include:
- 4.5-inch FWVGA (854x480px) IPS LCD with Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Quad-core 1.2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 400
- 512MB RAM
- 8GB onboard storage (plus microSD support up to 128GB)
- 5MP rear camera with autofocus and 720p video recording
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
- 4G LTE connectivity
- Accelerometer, SensorCore
- Removable 1830mAh battery
- 129.5 x 66.7 x 9.2mm; 134g
Before you buy the Lumia 635, bear in mind that it lacks some fairly basic features: there's no flash for the rear camera, no front-facing camera at all, and no ambient light sensor. Even without those features, though, it might suit some buyers as a back-up device, or perhaps a first phone for one of the kids.
Source: Best Buy