Media Player Classic - Home Cinema (MPC-HC) is a free and open-source video and audio player for Windows. MPC-HC is based on the original Guliverkli project and contains many additional features and bug fixes. MPC-HC isn’t flashy but it works with nearly any media format. MPC-HC uses DXVA technology to pass decoding operations to your modern video card, enhancing your viewing experience. And MPC-HC supports both physical and software DVDs with menus, chapter navigation, and subtitles.
This is an unofficial build. It is based on the latest source code of the official project, plus several additional fixes and improvements. And most importantly, it includes the very latest version of LAV Filters!
MPEG-1, MPEG-2 and MPEG-4 playback. Media Player Classic is capable of VCD, SVCD and DVD playback, without the need to install any additional software or codecs. It has built-in codecs for MPEG-2 video and codecs for LPCM, MP2, AC3 and DTS audio, and also contains an improved MPEG splitter that supports playback of VCDs and SVCDs using its VCD/SVCD/XCD Reader. A *.mp4 and MPEG-4 Timed Text support added. An AAC decoding filter makes MPC suitable for AAC playback in MP4. MPC Home Cinema also has H.264 and VC-1 with DXVA support, DivX, Xvid, and Flash Video formats is available in MPC HC. MPC can also use the QuickTime and the RealPlayer architectures. Media Player Classic supports native playback of OGM and Matroska container formats.
Supported Video, Audio and Image File Formats:
WAV, WMA, MP3, OGG, SND, AU, AIF, AIFC, AIFF, MIDI, MPEG, MPG, MP2, VOB, AC3, DTS, ASX, M3U, PLS, WAX, ASF, WM, WMA, WMV, AVI, CDA, JPEG, JPG, GIF, PNG, BMP, D2V, MP4, SWF, MOV, QT, FLV.
Media Player Classic - Home Cinema 1.9.2 release notes:
- Updated LAV Filters to v0.74.1-34-g1ceac
- Added A-B Repeat functionality. You can set the timeline markers with [ and ] keys.
- Added a 25% zoom shortcut and menu entry
- Added support for reading title information (EXTM3U) from m3u playlist files.
- Added mousewheel tilt left/right support for shortcut settings (Options > Player > Keys)
- Added basic support for external WebVTT subtitles (.vtt). Only simple text formatting is supported. Advanced tags are ignored.
- Significantly improved performance of adding (many) files to the playlist.
- Changed logic of "Auto Fit (larger only)". Previously it would resize if the video was too large to fit on the screen. Now it always resizes when the video is larger then the specified auto fit factor percentage of the screen size.
- Fixed a few small GUI regressions related to dark theme
- Fixed a few rare crashes
- Fixed cover-art not always loading for files with their own external cover-art image file
- Improved compatibility of internal audio renderer with DTV playback
- When player is minimized it now stays minimized when adding files to playlist from Explorer
- You can help to improve/complete the translations here.