MediaInfo supplies technical and tag information about a video or audio file. MediaInfo provides details about a both video and audio details, including tag information. Links are provided to Web locations for download of most video codecs and applications. File data is exportable in a variety of formats including CSV, text and HTML.
What can I do with it?
- Read many video and audio file formats
- Different methods of viewing information (text, sheet, tree, HTML...)
- You can customize these views
- Exporting information as text, CSV, HTML...
- Graphical Interface, or Command Line, or DLL
- Integration with MS-Windows shell (drag 'n' drop, and Context menu)
- Internationalization: any language display on any version of your Operating System
- Localization capability (but volunteers needed)
What information can I get from MediaInfo?
- General: title, author, director, album, track number, date, duration...
- Video: codec, aspect, fps, bitrate...
- Audio: codec, sample rate, channels, language, bitrate...
- Text: language of subtitle
- Chapters: number of chapters, list of chapters
What format (container) does MediaInfo support?
- Video: MKV, OGM, AVI, DivX, WMV, QuickTime, Real, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, DVD (VOB)... (Codecs: DivX, XviD, MSMPEG4, ASP, H.264, AVC...)
- Audio: OGG, MP3, WAV, RA, AC3, DTS, AAC, M4A, AU, AIFF...
- Subtitles: SRT, SSA, ASS, SAMI...
MediaInfo 18.08 changelog:
- Dolby Atmos (in E-AC-3 or TrueHD): support of bed channel count/configuration + objects count + complexity index
- AC-3/DTS/AAC: display of info about legacy decoders behavior removed
- AC-3/DTS/AAC: some changes in how format is displayed
- AC-3/DTS/AAC: better split between technical names and commercial names
- AAC: support of profile information from MP4_IOD_Tag AudioProfileLevelIndication
- USAC (xHE-AAC) support
- Audio channel layout: using a new terminology, better suited for 3D Audio, see https://mediaarea.net/AudioChannelLayout
- DSD (DSF & DSDIFF) support
- DXD (Digital eXtreme Definition) commercial name
- Dolby Vision: use new form for profile (numbers instead of acronyms)
- New format "Directory" when image sequence + audio file is detected (1 directory style for the moment)
- PBCore2 export update, thanks to WGBH
- MPEG-7 export update
- NISO export update
- AV1: support of AOmedia AV1 based on 1.0.0 specifications
- ATRAC9 detection
- Versionned RPMs
- HEVC: better support of buggy SEI
- ADTS: CodecID
- Support of injection of external metadata
- HTTPS: support of AWS extension "x-amz-*" in HTTPS headers, permitting to manage temporary credentials (AssumeRole)
- MPEG-4, #1005: Obey edit list in QuickTime Timecode track
- MIXML: hide fields which were hidden in normal output
- Hybrid AC-3/E-AC-3 (in Blu-rays): bit rate info was wrong
- Lot of bug fixes
Changes in version 18.08.1:
- Fix XML/MPEG-7/PBCore2 output discarding non ANSI characters
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware