Notepad++ is a free (as in "free speech" and also as in "free beer") source code editor and Notepad replacement that supports several languages. Running in the MS Windows environment, its use is governed by GPL License.
Based on the powerful editing component Scintilla, Notepad++ is written in C++ and uses pure Win32 API and STL which ensures a higher execution speed and smaller program size. By optimizing as many routines as possible without losing user friendliness, Notepad++ is trying to reduce the world carbon dioxide emissions. When using less CPU power, the PC can throttle down and reduce power consumption, resulting in a greener environment.
Notepad++ 7.5.9 changelog:
- Fix hanging problem while switching back a fully-folded document by using shortcut (Ctrl-TAB).
- Fix possible file corruption during backup or power loss or other abnormal N++ termination.
- Fix wrong backup file deleted issue.
- Fix backup not fully disabled issue.
- Add 2 command line flags "-notepadStyleCmdline" and "-z" for the replacement of notepad.exe. See https://notepad-plus-plus.org/features/replace-notepad.html
- Add new plugin API NPPM_REMOVESHORTCUTBYCMDID to allows plugins to remove unneeded shortcuts.
- Fix Tail monitoring incoherent status after deleting a monitored file.
- Fix issue with wrong smart highlighting when it is disabled.
- Fix last active tab is ignored on Notepad++ restart issue.
- Fix Tab non-responding by mouse click after dragging bug.
- Fix switching back position restoring issue for wrapped document.
- Add several spiritual quotes and a subtle Easter egg in the source code.
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware