Along with its latest handsets, Google also showed off a new look to Android with its Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL. The launcher features little things here and there but what is most noticeable off the bat is the search bar that has been moved towards the bottom of the screen. If you've been wanting that same look and are a Nova Launcher users, you'll be happy to know that it is now available as part of the beta version that launched on October 16.
As far as the full details of the update, version 3 will offer:
- Searchbar in dock (Nova Settings - Dock - Searchbar in dock - Above or Below Icons)
- Android 8.1 style popup menu (Nova Settings - Look and Feel - Popup menu - Blocks)
- Adaptive icon animations during drag and drop
- Improved speed of applying a new adaptive icon shape or icon theme
- Lots of under the hood fixes and optimizations
If this is something that piques your interest, go ahead and download Nova Launcher from the Google Play Store and opt-in for the beta. Be forewarned though, since this is a beta, there are chances that it might not run smoothly or reliably. If you want the proper experience, be sure to wait for the features to arrive in the standard app or you can always just download the Pixel 2 Launcher.