Nvidia today released the GeForce Game Ready WHQL-certified 419.35 drivers, bringing optimizations for the 50-million-strong Apex Legends, Devil May Cry 5, which is releasing in three days, and Tom Clancy's The Division 2, which is due for a release on March 15. This driver also brings three more monitors under the G-Sync Compatible umbrella.
There's also added support for CUDA 10.1 and an update to version 8.1.951.0 of the NVIDIA Control Panel bundled with this update.
A few major issues have been fixed with this update, some of which have been around for a while, including one that caused the 'NvDisplay.Container.exe' process to have a consistently high CPU usage. Here's everything that's fixed:
- [G-SYNC]: With a G-SYNC and G-SYNC Compatible display connected in clone mode, flashing occurs on games played on the G-SYNC display with G-SYNC enabled. 
- [Apex Legends]: DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG error message may appear and then the game crashes.
- [Hitman 2]: Pixelated corruption appears in the game. 
- [Batman: Arkham Origins]: PhysX fog renders incorrectly 
- [GeForce RTX 2080][PhysX][Assassin’s Creed 4 - Black Flag]: Smoke dispersal appears accelerated. 
- Microsoft.Photos.exe randomly crashes. 
- NVDisplay.Container.exe causes high CPU usage. 
There are, as always, a bunch of known issues as well, some of which come with notes and workarounds that we have highlighted:
Windows 10 Issues
- [SLI][HDR][Tom Clancy's The division II]: The game screen becomes unresponsive or goes blank when in-game HDR options are toggled. 
- [HDR][Far Cry:New Dawn DirectX 11]: Desktop brightness and color gets overexposed with ALT + TAB when Windows HDR is disabled and in-game HDR is enabled. 
- Workaround: Enable both the Windows HDR and the in-game HDR.
- [ARK Survival]: Multiple errors and then blue-screen crash may occur when playing the game. 
- [Shadow of the Tomb Raider][Ansel]: Invoking Ansel in the game causes the game to slow down or crash. 
- [Turing][Star Citizen]: The game flickers and then crashes to the desktop. 
- [Firefox]: Cursor shows brief corruption when hovering on certain links in Firefox. 
- Random desktop flicker occurs on some multi-display PCs 
- 2523309-Apex Legends: Screen gets corrupted when switching from windowed mode to full screen mode when Windows HDR is enabled
- Note: Will be Fixed in next driver.
- 2449346-The Witcher 3 will BSOD with Bad Pool error randomly during gameplay
- 200494429-Metro Exodus: Random game crashing in DX12 mode
- 2512505-Metro Exodus colors look over saturated and blown out when DLSS is used together with HDR
These are the three monitors that are now certified as G-Sync Compatible, with the complete list available here:
- Acer ED273 A
- Acer XF250Q
- BenQ XL2540-B / ZOWIE XL LCD
Additionally, these drivers bring new or updated 3D Vision profiles for these titles:
- Devil May Cry 5 - Not Recommended
- Total War: Three Kingdoms - Fair
The 419.35 WHQL-certified drivers can be downloaded via the GeForce Experience app on Windows or via the links down below. The complete release notes are available here.