Patch My PC Free is a portable and reliable tool which can quickly check your PC for outdated software. The supported third-party programs include a large number of widely-used applications, including Adobe Reader, Mozilla Firefox, Oracle Java, Apple Quicktime, iTunes, Microsoft Silverlight and many more.
Patch My PC Free features:
- Easy to use User Interface
- Outdated software will show in Red
- Up to date will show in Green
- Patches many common third party products Reader, Flash, Java, Quicktime and More
- Portable and very small around 300 Kb
- Offers optional software updates you can include in the update process
- Scan and install needed Windows updates
- Quickly uninstall multiple programs
- Enable or disable startup programs
Patch My PC Updater 4.0 changelog:
- Added a jump menu to jump to any of the application groups
- Added context menu for each applications checkbox that contains options to:
- Disable auto updating of app
- Enable auto updating of app
- Uninstall app
- Add as auto-install
- Remove from auto-install
- Open description website for app
- Added icon to the Re-Scan Installs Apps button
- App groupings can now be collapsed and expanded.
- Each application checkbox now contains an icon of the application
- Improved icons throughout each panel
- Improved the options menu
- Improved the scheduler menu
- Left navigation buttons
- More modern UI
- New app groups
- “File Archivers” which includes archivers apps moved from the “Utilities” group.
- “Hardware Tools” which includes hardware utilities moved from the “Utilities” group.
- “Documents” which includes document related apps moved from the “Media Tools” group.
- Release Notes link is now in “About” tab.
- Uninstaller columns will now auto resize with form
- Improved logging
- Improved the download speed from some application by adding a “UserAgent” string in the download request
- Information icon will appear when there are apps checked to be updated. This will show you what apps will be installed.
- Major improvements for the search bar
- Many other improvements and fixes
- When choosing to cancel updates… we will immediately cancel the download.
- You can now change the log folder in the settings
- Fixed an issue where Patch My PC would get hung in the background when running under SYSTEM context for the scheduled task
- Many other bug fixes
New Applications Added
- AnyDesk (Portable)
- Auslogics Disk Defrag
- Bitdefender Anti-Ransomware
- Bitdefender USB Immunizer (Portable)
- Chrome Cleanup Tool (Portable)
- CutePDF Writer
- GitHub Desktop
- Java SE Development (JDK) v8
- Java SE Development (JDK) v9
- Microsoft .Net Framework
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable (x86) & (x64)
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable (x86) & (x64)
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable (x86) & (x64)
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable (x86) & (x64)
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable (x86) & (x64)
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2017 Redistributable (x86) & (x64)
- Visual Studio Code
- VNC Server
- VNC Veiwer
- Winaero Tweaker
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware