SpeedCrunch is a high-precision scientific desktop calculator. It features a syntax-highlighted scrollable display and is designed to be fully used via keyboard. Some distinctive features are auto-completion of functions and variables, a formula book, and quick insertion of constants from various fields of knowledge. It is available for Windows, OS X, and Linux in a number of languages.
SpeedCrunch comes with over 80 built-in mathematical functions. You can also define your own functions. A built-in formula book allows to you to review and insert commonly used formulas, such as the volume of a cone. Or insert one out of over 150 built-in scientific constants.
Almost 3 years and 700 000 downloads later, here's the core new features of this release:
- brand new website, with searchable documentation
- user manual: in-app (with context help) and on-line
- user-defined functions
- complex numbers
- unit support, including conversions
- implicit multiplication
- bitfield widget, for people who deal with binary math
- virtual keypad is back
- double-click to insert into editor is back
- more color schemes, including Solarized alternatives
- currency symbols are ignored, you can now safely paste them into the editor
- official 32- and 64-bit Linux packages available
- donations finally possible