Sylpheed is a simple, lightweight but featureful, and easy-to-use e-mail client (mailer, MUA). Sylpheed runs on Unix-like systems such as Linux, BSD, and Mac OS X. It also supports Windows. Sylpheed uses GTK+ GUI toolkit. The newest version of Sylpheed works with GTK+ 2.4 or later (2.6 or later is recommended). Sylpheed is a free software distributed under the GNU GPL (the library part is GNU LGPL). You can freely use, modify and redistribute it under the license.
Sylpheed has the following features:
* Simple, beautiful, and well-polished user interface
* Comfortable operationality which is built in detail
* Well-organized, easy-to-understand configuration
* Lightweight operation
* High reliability
* Internationalization and Multilingualization support
* High-level Japanese processing
* Various protocols support
* Security features (GnuPG, SSL/TLSv1)
* Powerful filtering and search
* Junk mail control
* Flexible cooperation with external commands
What's New in Sylpheed 2.4.0 beta 1
* The automatic filtering of new messages in INBOX folder of IMAP4 account was implemented.
* The customization of the toolbars was implemented ('View - Customize toolbar...', or right-click the toolbar).
* The option to toggle window on trayicon click was added (enabled by default on Uni.
* Junk mails are now filtered when incorporating from local spool.
* UTF-8 is forced for headers instead of substituting characters if the code conversion failed.
* The crash of the text view when switching between MIME parts was fixed.
* Win32: the socket buffer size was increased to improve the performance of network communication.
* Win32: GTK+ and GLib was updated to the latest version.