Better Explorer is a replacement for the standard Windows Explorer with more features for more convenience. Among other features, Better Explorer has Tabs, Ribbon interface, additional conditional tabs and so on!
This Project is designed for use with Windows 7 (it WILL NOT work on older operating systems).
It also works on the Windows 8 Release Preview.
The main goals of this project are:
- Adding Ribbon Control UI like in Windows 8 (Implemented)
- Adding tab functionality together with use of standard explorer browser control (Implemented)
- Adding additional features like:
- Changing Library icons (conditional tab for Libraries) (Implemented)
- File operation with files and folders (Implemented)
- Synchronized command prompt
- Change of folder icons (conditional tab for folders)
- Extended Jump list support (Windows 7) (Implemented)
- Extended search conditional tab like extended search pane in Vista (Windows 7) (Implemented)
Beta 1 Changes
There were a lot of changes, including:
- Translations into 10 different languages (the translations are not complete and will be updated soon)
- Conditional Select
- new tools for managing archives
- Folder Tools tab
- new search bar and Search Tab
- new image editing tools
- update function
- many bug fixes, stability fixes, and memory leak fixes
- other new features as well!
Note: This is beta software. Do not install this if you don't know what you are doing!
Download: Better Explorer Beta 1 | 14.1 MB (Open Source)
View: Better Explorer Website
7 Comments - Add comment