GnuCash is a personal and small business finance application, freely licensed under the GNU GPL and available for GNU/Linux, BSD, Solaris, Mac OS X and Microsoft Windows. It’s designed to be easy to use, yet powerful and flexible. GnuCash allows you to track your income and expenses, reconcile bank accounts, monitor stock portfolios and manage your small business finances. It is based on professional accounting principles to ensure balanced books and accurate reports.
GnuCash can keep track of your personal finances in as much detail as you prefer. If you are just starting out, use GnuCash to keep track of your checkbook. You may then decide to track cash as well as credit card purchases to better determine where your money is being spent. When you start investing, you can use GnuCash to help monitor your portfolio. Buying a vehicle or a home? GnuCash will help you plan the investment and track loan payments. If your financial records span the globe, GnuCash provides all the multiple-currency support you need.
Between 4.5 and 4.6, the following bugfixes were accomplished:
- Bug 648335 - Display Created Transactions setting
- Add a preference for the 'Review Created Transactions' setting in the 'Since Last Run' dialog so that the default can be specified.
- Bug 743753 - Nearest in time security price selection is incorrect in reports
- Add new price source - 'nearest before report date' will ignore prices *after* report date.
- Bug 743999 - Deleting a digit from an existing number greater than four digits in length generates an error message.
- Because the grouping is off. Checking grouping on input is pointless so just ignore the grouping separator when parsing number input.
- Bug 753283 - Current Selection Highlight Lost After Transaction Edit in Scheduled Transaction Window
- Bug 787813 - Price change from editing a transaction not reflected in pricedb.
- Bug 794877 - Intro text of "Online Banking Setup" is outdated
- Bug 795804 - Extremely slow save
- Only update the status bar when the percentage changes by at least 1% because running the mainloop is expensive on macOS and Microsoft Windows. This speeds up all operations that run the progress bar with overly-fine resolution.
- Bug 796761 - Newline (char(10)) is inserted into the end of the string if copy & paste text from excel into the description field of transaction
- Bug 797787 - Feature request: preference setting to open new tabs adjacent to currently active tab
- tests preference; if enabled then new tab inserted after current. if disabled then new tab is at the end.
- Bug 797928 - Since last run asks for security price when no shares traded
- Bug 798093 - Changing the symbol/abbreviation of a security after the trading account was created breaks GnuCash.(Reopened)
- Bug 798133 - Gnucash crash when any custom action is entered
- Bug 798144 - Reconciliation uses different number than entered
- If a number was pasted into the balance end value with a currency symbol the number would silently fail on evaluate and cause the wrong value to be used. With previous changes to the GNCAmountEdit widget a warning symbol will indicate a validation error and prevents going forward.
- Bug 798148 - "Accounts" page Present (USD) column uses future prices
- Bug 798151 - Value entry box not tied to associated transaction in Since Last Run assistant
- Bug 798156 - glib 2.68.0 breaks gnucash
- Bug 798159 - Keyboard shortcut bug in 'manage document link'
- Bug 798162 - Type Ahead Initialization Problem
- Bug 798170 - Unbound variable: gnc-budget-lookup when running saved report Budget Report via gnucash-cli
- Bug 798177 - Price of new stock transactions not saved in price database
- Bug 798186 - Incorrect result editting account in register when overtyping a part selection.
- Bug 798188 - The Invoice Editor -> Printable Invoice toolbar button crashes on Windows
- Bug 798196 - not building with Boost 1.76
- Bug 798199 - Pasting invalid value in date column crashes GnuCash
- Bug 798202 - Register input ignores theme on KDE rendering black text on black background
- Bug 798203 - g_assert fault while reversing transaction
- Bug 798204 - Creation of Imbalance Accounts
- Bug 798212 - right-click the down-arrow in the date register changes focus to first split
For a complete list of new features and other changes see the Release Notes
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware