Mailspring is a new version of Nylas Mail maintained by one of the original authors. It's faster, leaner, and shipping today! Mailspring supports all IMAP providers, including Gmail, Office 365 and iCloud. It sports features such as an unified inbox, snoozing, reminders, templates, offline search, and support for Gmail labels. Mailspring is free for Mac, Windows, and Linux. However, if you use features like Snooze, Send Later, Send Reminders and Read Receipts often, you'll need to purchase a subscription to Mailspring Pro within the app.
All of these features run in the client - Mailspring does not send your email credentials to the cloud.
Mailspring 1.11.0 release notes:
- The "Move to Folder" menu action allows you to press Tab or the "→" key to complete the name of the highlighted folder, which makes it easier to complete a path in long folder hierarchies.
- Mailspring now properly identifies and formats quoted text from Yahoo and AOL email. (Thanks @nzayatz14)
- On MacOS, the Mailspring icon in the dock now allows you to compose a new message from the context menu. (thanks @Naroh091)
- Mailspring's menu bar icon is now red for new mail and blue for unread mail, which makes it easier to spot a new message that needs attention. (#2433, thanks @marivaldojr)
- Contact sync no longer crashes when a contact has no display name (thanks @ww-daniel-mora)
- The help menu now offers the standard MacOS "menu search" feature (Thanks @probablykasper)
- Colons are allowed in URLs and no longer break Mailspring's link highlighting. (thanks @choptastic!)
- The email preview is no longer in some cases in vertical layout (thanks @glenn2223!)
- Updated Italian translations (thanks @andy00087!)
- Mailspring now uses a more restrictive Content-Security-Policy that includes object-src none; media-src mailspring:; manifest-src none;. If your plugin packaged media such as sounds, you may need to reference them via the mailspring:// URL syntax (ala 2b75347)
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware