Pale Moon is an Open Source, Goanna-based web browser available for Microsoft Windows, Linux and Android, focusing on efficiency and ease of use. Make sure to get the most out of your browser!
Pale Moon offers you a browsing experience in a browser completely built from its own, independently developed source that has been forked off from Firefox/Mozilla code, with carefully selected features and optimizations to improve the browsers speed, resource use, stability and user experience, while offering full customization and a growing collection of extensions and themes to make the browser truly your own.
- Optimized for modern processors
- Based on proprietary optimized layout engine (Goanna)
- Safe: forked from mature Mozilla code and regularly updated
- Secure: Additional security features and security-aware development
- Supported by our user community, and fully non-profit
- Familiar, efficient, fully customizable interface
- Support for full themes: total freedom over any elements design
- Support for easily-created lightweight themes (skins)
- Smooth and speedy page drawing and script processing
- Increased stability: experience fewer browser crashes
- Support for many Firefox extensions
- Support for a growing number of Pale Moon exclusive extensions
- Extensive and growing support for HTML5 and CSS3
- Many customization and configuration options
Pale Moon 28.9.1 changelog:
- Re-imported the ExtensionStorage js module for use by browser extensions.
- Fixed an issue with the WebRequest module having erroneously un-processed build directives in it. This might have caused some subtle breakage.
- Removed the use of high-resolution Windows system timers from the layout refresh driver; this should help with some performance and battery life issues.
- Fixed an issue where various parts of hardware acceleration weren't properly linked when changing the option from preferences.
- If you have changed the preferences option to "use hardware acceleration when available" between 28.9.0 and this release, it is recommended that you go into preferences and toggle the option off/on to the preferred setting to correct any discrepancies.
- Fixed an issue with building the user-agent string using the build date as ID.
- Fixed an issue with the release of document content viewers (CVE-2020-6819). DiD
- Fixed an issue with handling functions with rest parameters. DiD
- Unified XUL Platform Mozilla Security Patch Summary: 2 Defense-in-depth, 14 not applicable.
Download: Pale Moon (32-bit) | Portable 32-bit | ~40.0 MB (Freeware)
Download: Pale Moon (64-bit) | Portable 64-bit
Links: Pale Moon Homepage | Add-ons | Themes | Extensions
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware
1 Comment - Add comment