Rainmeter is a free, open-source platform that enables skins to run on the desktop. Rainmeter allows you to display customizable skins on your desktop, from hardware usage meters to fully functional audio visualizers. You are only limited by your imagination and creativity.
Rainmeter is the best known and most popular desktop customization program for Windows. Enhance your Windows computer at home or work with skins; handy, compact applets that float freely on your desktop. Rainmeter skins provide you with useful information at a glance. It's easy to keep an eye on your system resources, like memory and battery power, or your online data streams, including email, RSS feeds, and weather forecasts.
Many skins are even functional: they can record your notes and to-do lists, launch your favorite applications, and control your media player - all in a clean, unobtrusive interface that you can rearrange and customize to your liking. Rainmeter is at once an application and a toolkit.
Rainmeter is open source software distributed free of charge under the terms of the GNU GPL v2 license.
Rainmeter 4.5.14 (revision 3663) changelog:
- Rainmeter: Fixed a typo in Internet.cpp (Issue #306).
- Dialogs: Fix icon loading. See Forum Thread for details.
- Skin: Fixed issue where the incorrect monitor was selected when using the monitor flag on WindowY only (not defined on WindowX). See Forum Thread for details.
- GeneralImage: Fixed "ImageCrop" formula parsing. See Forum Thread for details.
- Rainmeter: Fixed bug with random number generators.
- Lua: Allow the Lua Update() function to return 2 values (number and string). The order is unimportant. Example: return 'twenty-five', 25
- String meter/Inline shadow: Treat the shadow drawing surface as the size of the meter itself instead of using the underlying bitmap of the skin's bounds (in case SkinWidth/Height is truncating the drawing of the meter).
- C# Plugins: Use latest ilasm.exe in DLLExporter (Issue #310)
This fixes assembly errors when using latest .NET Framework libraries in your plugin.
- Rainmeter.ini: Add an extra empty line before appending a new section at the end of the settings file. Note: This is for newly added sections, not existing sections.
- Rainmeter: Convert font enumeration from Gdiplus to DirectWrite.
Note: This is just for logging purposes and does not change any font loading for the String meter. In general, this will log more font families since font faces will now be included in the list. Also: In debug mode, this will also enumerate any fonts loaded with LocalFont and the fonts in "@Resources\Fonts" folder when a skin loads. This will help skin authors find the correct font name to use with the FontFace option.
- MathParser: Increased base conversion limitations. See Forum Thread for details.
- GameMode: Tweak the logic when Rainmeter exits while in game mode. See Forum Thread for details.
- SkinInstaller: Adjust the enabled/disabled state of some GUI elements.
The "Load included layout" / "Load included skins" checkbox will now become disabled and unchecked if the entire group (Skins or Layouts) is unchecked. This prevents the attempted loading of a non-installed skin/layout once Rainmeter re-starts. Note: The last checked state of the "Load included layout" / "Load included skins" checkbox will be remembered in case any of the Skins/Layout groups checkboxes get enabled again. This "remembering" only happens while the SkinInstaller is open, and is NOT persistent. The "Install" button will now be disabled if all items in the list are unchecked.
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware