The SeaMonkey project is a community effort to develop the SeaMonkey all-in-one internet application suite. Such a software suite was previously made popular by Netscape and Mozilla, and the SeaMonkey project continues to develop and deliver high-quality updates to this concept. Containing an Internet browser, email & newsgroup client with an included web feed reader, HTML editor, IRC chat and web development tools, SeaMonkey is sure to appeal to advanced users, web developers and corporate users.
Under the hood, SeaMonkey uses much of the same Mozilla source code which powers such successful siblings as Firefox, Thunderbird, Camino, Sunbird and Miro. Legal backing is provided by the Mozilla Foundation.
SeaMonkey 2.53.17 changelog:
- Fix macOS Contacts permission request bug 1826719.
- Remove SeaMonkey 2.57 links from debugQA bug 1829683.
- Treat opening urls from the library as external bug 1619108.
- Disable spam warning for autogenerated links in plaintext messages bug 619031.
- Switch SeaMonkey build files to Python 3 bug 1635849.
- Remove empty overlays from Composer bug 1828533.
- Move xpfe autocomplete to comm-central suite bug 1418512.
- Remove nsIPrefBranch2 and nsIPrefBranchInternal bug 1374847 [full release notes]
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware