Significantly more powerful and flexible than ever before, UltimateDefrag5 takes defragmentation and hard drive optimization to the next level to enable you to squeeze every millisecond of performance from your hard drive.
UltimateDefrag Version 5 is designed to optimize traditional mechanical platter based hard drive performance and also includes all the features you need to perform a certain degree of file system defragmentation required to maintain your SSD (Solid State Drive) for optimal performance using our proprietary defragmentation algorithms specifically developed for SSDs.
New in UltimateDefrag Version 5:
- Entire Code Completely Streamlined And Optimized.
- Improved defragmentation algorithms.
- UltimateDefrag is now a native 64 bit application which eliminates the memory limitations of 32 bit programs.
- Much Faster Analysis and Defragmentation. Improved drive analysis and defragmentation file sorting overhead by around 75% more than the previous version.
- New Defragmentation Methods and Enhancements of exisiting methods that enables you to sort files on your drive by size - either ascending or descending size order. Some of the other methods that already existed have been further enhanced and fine tuned.
- Solid State Drive Support with specific algorithms for SSD defragmentation operations to minimize wear leveling. Even though the general consensus is that SSDs do not need defragmentation and that defragmentation wears out SSDs faster, there are still justifiable reasons to defragment SSDs. You are defragmenting the file system as NTFS sees it and removing a lot of I/O overhead. UltimateDefrag5 enable you to choose to either not defragment your SSD, to treat it like a normal drive, or to apply new algorithms optimally designed for SSDs where it moves the least amount of data necessary and to minimize wear and to minimize the rate of refragmentation.
- Command Line Support. The full power and flexibility of UltimateDefrag GUI version can all now be used via Command Line complete with the full array of options and switches.
- Windows Shell support. Within Windows Explorer, you can now right click on any file or folder and perform a number of defragmentation operations on that file and folder without even running UltimateDefrag. Defragment a file or complete contents of a folder just by right clicking on it within Windows and selecting the defragment operation!
Support For Volume Shadow Copy Enabled Drives. Options to overcome any limitations and issues that defragmentation might encounter on VSC enabled drives.
More Ways To Select Files That You Want High Performance From Or To Archive. You can now even decide on the size of the High Performance zone.