Unboxing  When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Here’s how it works.

Apple Watch Series 4 unboxing and first impressions

The headlining feature of the new Apple Watch Series 4 is that it has a larger display, along with smaller bezels. The screen on each model is 2mm larger, meaning that it comes in 40mm and 44mm sizes now instead of 38mm and 42mm. The bezels shrunk by 35% and 32%, respectively.

It's also got a new 64-bit chipset, and it's a lot faster than its predecessors. Unlike with phones, Apple Watch users aren't as likely to be on a yearly upgrade plan, so if you've got an Apple Watch now and you upgrade to a Series 4, you'll see some drastic improvements. I upgraded from a Series 2 and the change is quite noticeable, as you'll see in the video below.

Indeed, performance and the new display is what makes the new Apple Watch exciting, but it will also do ECGs as well. Unfortunately, that feature didn't ship with the device at launch, and it will probably arrive later.

I went with the 44mm Apple Watch with cellular in the new gold stainless steel color. Check out the unboxing video below, where I talk about how cool this product is, speculate on why you might want to wait until the next one, and joke about how I'm going to tell people that this is a first-gen Watch and it cost me $17,000.

Make sure to subscribe to Neowin on YouTube! It's the best channel in the universe!

Report a problem with article
Next Article

Microsoft explains the August and September 2018 monthly rollup, security install issues

aws logo
Previous Article

Beat the average price for this AWS Cloud Development Bundle, or PWYW